Bus Bloc

To whom it may concern;

Last night she couldn't sleep, so excited and anxious. This morning, E. got all ready for school, delighted to see her friends and show off her new shoes.


After waiting for about 15 minutes at the bus stop, being passed by buses more than twice, she came inside distraught asking me to call the transportation company and tell them the bus has passed her by.

I called BREMERTON transportation but there was no answer. I called NORTH KITSAP transportation and the nice woman, "Amy" told me there had been no decision made as to weather the McKinney Vento McKinney Vento bus would be RUNNING AT ALL THIS YEAR.

I called the Suquamish School itself (also not answering the phone this morning) To express my concern that just last week when we spoke on the phone, the office manager set up the paperwork for transportation. I was told E would be picked up on the first day of school. There was no discussion about the possibility that the program would not be implemented. Nor were there any other subsequent conversations about transportation during the following week before school started.

It is only now, today, THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL That I am learning of the possible discontinuation of the "primary piece of federal legislation dealing with the education of children and youth experiencing homelessness in U.S. public schools."

While I realize that there is considerable suffering on the part of the school systems and the screws being put to them by pro- privatization factions, I find this to be COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE oversight on the part of all parties involved.

Patricia, Pupil transportation manager for North Kitsap School District is not answering her line, I have left a message but received no return.

It is an outrage that my daughter faces losing the gifted program she earned because I got sick and she got poor. This was the only good part of the "no child left behind" act that seemed to be doing any good at all. I guess it should come as no surprize that the rug would be pulled from under her feet in her final year of the program since it was most recently supported and passed by by GW and originally signed by Regan. I used to say- he didn't do EVERYTHING wrong- because there was this ONE saving grace. Today I hope GW starts a three week long migraine- I know he can never experience abject poverty as my daughter has but at least he should know suffering as her mother experiences it.

It is an outrage that my daughter is forced to deal with the subjugation of the poor, of the segregation of the classes simply because I am sick and the Social Security Administration has taken two years to process my claim despite stacks of medical evidence.

It is a disgrace that the only thing in her life that has been stable in her life is now being threatened simply because her family of origin has not been able to step up and help out.  She has been sleeping on couches and living in temporary shelters for two years.  She only has one more year to complete the AGATE and this too, is a rug being pulled from under her feet.

I am furious.


[This letter was sent to every single person I could think of. Teachers, school offices, superintendents offices, newspapers, lawyers as well as (dur) posted online and shared with my online communities on FB and G+. I got a call from the North Kitsap herald who may be printing a story on it.]

Comments